At Kollaras & Co, we are committed to ensuring a sustainable future for our community. Our vision is to reduce the environmental impact of our packaging, as well as promoting sustainable initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Sustainable design
- Recycling initiatives
- Waste to landfill reduction
- Circular economy projects
Through our membership with The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) we have created an action plan to address opportunities within our business to further reduce our environmental impact on the community.
Our key focus areas for this year are:
- Participation in the NSW EPA Bin Trim Program – Ongoing
- Introduce a CDS recycling system to the lunchroom – Completed April 2019
- Reduce plastic pallet wrap use – Ongoing
- Add and an environmental awareness statement to emails to reduce printing – Completed January 2019
- Removing general waste bins from desks and replacing with paper recycling bins – Completed April 2019
- Eliminating disposable cups from lunchroom – Completed February 2019
- Develop Business Sustainability KPI’s – Completed August 2018
- Create a dashboard and metrics to engage the wider team to contribute to sustainability initiatives – Competed January 2019
- Source Pallets for re-use – Ongoing
If you would like to know more about our commitment to sustainability please don’t hesitate to contact us.
A copy of our full sustainability action plan can be found here.